Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

When launching darkplaces quake from emulation station, the game seems to get messed up a bit. It goes into some weird load cycle where it keeps loading a few different levels, then winds up in the beginning of a level — not the game.

Also, when loading DP Quake from Emulation Station, the menu does not work. When bringing up the menu it will just freeze up.

Neither of these problems happen when running darkplaces-sdl from the command line (with the same arguments as emulation station uses).

Has anyone exxperienced similar issues or have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

herbfargus

Same issue here (that’s why I’d gather its in the experimental menu)

But if it runs outside of emulationstation fine it might have something to do with the launch script.

herbfargus

found a solution:

Try this for the dark places.sh

#!/bin/bash
    sudo darkplaces-sdl -basedir "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/quake" -quake 
    hirodotp
    Participant

Can confirm that worked for me as a work around.

To avoid running darkplaces-sdl as root I went ahead and added an account called “quake” with the groups “video” and “audio”. I made sure the user had read/write access to the config.cfg and read acces to the basedir location. I then modified the launcher to look like this:

#!/bin/bash
    sudo -u quake darkplaces-sdl -basedir "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/quake" -quake 

Worked great!

hirodotp
    Participant

One permissions problem I ran into was with saving games. You need to make sure the user running darkplaces quake has write access to /home/$user/.darkplaces/id1/.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.