Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently converted my arduino uno into a simple joystick. I programmed it so it shows up as a gamepad with 24 buttons. On windows I have tested it and everything works fine, however, when I try using it on my Raspberry Pi with RetroPi installed it doesn’t work. The gamepad configuration does not detect the device at all.

I did some research and found that I was missing the drivers for the joystick. After some installation, -lsusb showed the joystick is connected. I ran -jstest and it was showing output from the joystick. -dmesg even shows the device gets connected
    and shows the correct name. Emulation Station still fails to detect the gamepad.

When I try to run the controller configuration script it just skips everything and tells me that the config was saved with no name. I tried the same with an xbox 360 pad and it worked just fine. I have run out of ideas and further searching of google has found me nothing useful. If anyone has any idea let me know!

Also, I am using the Raspberry Pi 1 Model B. I have the latest version of RetroPie installed.
    Many Thanks.

tipoto
    Participant

Have you tried to create the config file for your joystick manually, with the correct name and the right button mapping?

chopknee
    Participant

I’ll have to give that a try, thanks.

chopknee
    Participant

I’m just guessing here, but does Emulation station only look for gamepads that have axes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.