Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I currently have a full romset of SNES roms and a full set of snes artwork, both the artwork and the rom files share the same name, for example…

Hagane – The Final Conflict (USA).zip
    Hagane – The Final Conflict (USA).jpg

i have a ‘images’ folder in my snes rom folder which contains all my snes box art to be used for Emulation Station.

What commands do i need to use for Steven Selph’s scraper in order to….

create a gamelist.xml file
    use my artwork provided in the images folder
    not download any extra artwork
    and not overwrite my own artwork

??

sselph
    Participant

I think this should do it.
    scraper -download_images=false -no_thumb -image_suffix=""

sselph
    Participant

You can add a -add_not_found to include games my scraper can’t find. It will add the empty entry and I think it will include the image you already have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That worked, thanks!!! Is there a command to use so i can achieve the above but for a rare instance where i dont have the artwork your scrapper would download the missing artwork?

sselph
    Participant

remove the -download_images=false. The script checks for a local file and skips it if it exists so that it doesn’t do work twice if someone re-scrapes.

charco
    Participant

If I have box covers for Neo Geo that I have scraped with ES scraper and there are some missing, if I run scraper -mame will it only find images for the missing games so? I don’t want it to replace what I have as they are much nicer than screengrabs.

sselph
    Participant

If there is an image named the same and in the location that the scraper wants to place an image it won’t overwrite it. It will just add the file name to the XML file.

The default location is
    ./images/<rom name>-image.jpg and ./images/<rom name>-thumb.jpg

(Although -thumb isn’t used by ES so probably should disable it.)

There are several flags to adjust where and how images are handled that you can see with scraper -h but these 3 are relevant:
    -image_suffix, -img_format, -no_thumb

-image_suffix controls the text appended to the end of the rom name and defaults to -image like ES was doing.
    -img_format controls the file type to save images as and defaults to .jpg so if you have png you can switch it
    -no_thumb tells the scraper to not bother with the thumbnail image since it isn’t used and you don’t want the scraper to download a thumbnail from the external source.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.