Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have my raspi set up with retropie, powered off of an approved powered usb hub, and I’m trying to use custom controllers built with MC Cthulhu PCBs. The documentation says they should be plug and play on Linux, but retropie doesn’t seem to recognize them during the initial controller setup. I have verified that they are plug and play on windows PCs and my PS3, but I have no idea how to even see if Linux is even seeing them. They are plugged into the usb hub, so power to the cthulhus shouldn’t be an issue, and if I got into startx, my keyboard and mouse work through the hub, so I don’t think it’s that. I can’t find anyone using the pi and cthulhu together, can anyone help?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

In terminal type: ls /dev/input/

If they are recognised there should be listed ‘js’ (joystick) followed by a number

unklmnky69
    Participant

They are not listed there. Does this mean mean I simply need drivers, or am I just hosed?

unklmnky69
    Participant

It seems it was as simple as unplugging and replugging to the powered usb hub after the pi was powered on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.