I’m having a little bit of trouble configuring my (very cheap) USB controllers to work with PocketSNES.
First I’ll describe the behaviour I’m seeing:
– both controllers work to navigate the main Emulation Station menu
– I open Super Mario World and select 2-player
– I play as player 1 with controller 1 fine until I die, then it loads the world screen
– I then try to use controller 2 to move the character, but it fails
– I can move the character with controller 1 to select a level
– I try to play level with controller 1, but it fails
– I can play the level using controller 2
Other games have other problems, this one is the closest to working.
I ran the retroarch-joyconfig tool to configure both controllers. I ran:
retroarch-joyconfig -j 1 -p 1 >> /opt/retroarch/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 -p 2 >> /opt/retroarch/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
I also tried setting the controls just by hitting F1 to get to the RGUI > Settings > Input settings, but that didn’t resolve anything.