Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

OK so I’m not sure what I did to break it , but broke it is!
    None of my emulators seem to have any controller config any more..fire up SNES ..dpad up and dpad left seem to gave maps to aa and b buttons respectively and no other controls seem to have any mapping.
    I’ve reinstalled from source and reinstalled from binaries and the config is still the same. Configured the controller from the configure retroarch keyboard\controller script but makes no difference.

Any ideas??

Thanks

edit:
    Just to add mame works fine as can reconfigure controls fine. its def retroarch related.

so … I have configured the controls in retroarch menu and it works OK. But when I quit out and go back into a game on the same system it doesn’t seem to have saved the config. any ideas?

thefunkygibbon
    Participant

Just to add mame works fine as can reconfigure controls fine.
    Also if I go into the retroarch menu system and try to navigate it I can’t as the same issue with the only buttons work are dpad left and up.

thefunkygibbon
    Participant

I can navigate said menu using keyboard though…unsure of where to go to change the controller config throughout retroarch…although if I could do it per emulate I could live with that.

thefunkygibbon
    Participant

OK so I have configured the controls in the retroarch menu and it works OK. But when I quit out and go back into a game on the same system it doesn’t seem to have saved the config.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

assuming you are using retropie 3, configure the controls in emulationstation and it should set them up for retroarch.

re-installing from binary wont reset any configs to default, as it preserves existing configurations. Maybe you would be best starting from a fresh image.

thefunkygibbon
    Participant

Sorry I meant to say that controls in emu station are configured fine. Yes using 3.

Problem is solely retroarch related.

thefunkygibbon
    Participant

ok so i think i have sorted it now.
    removed all retroarch related config, reinstalled retroarch from binaries. remapped controller using the retropie-setup script. now it works fine.

hope this helps anyone else who stumbles into this issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.