Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks in advance,
    I just finishing building my arcade and i am having some trouble setting up the ControlBlock software. ES recognizes the arcade controls but no inputs are recognized. My wired 360 controller works and so does the keyboard. Im sure i wired the CP correctly and installed all the control block services as per the website. I can access the controlblockconfig.cfg file but thats as far as i get. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Jeff

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Regarding the wiring you need to make sure that pressing the arcade buttons pulls the GPIO pins of the ControlBlock to GND.

With the ControlBlock service installed you can check the functionality via the tool “jstest” as described at https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/snes-gamepad-does-not-work-using-controlblock/#post-92250. Does this give you an helpful hints?

Jeffery
    Participant

Ok,
    So i went through that post and did everything. here are the results (still with no prevail.

i2cdetect -y 1
    20: 20—–27—

ls /dev/input
    by-id by-path event0 event1 event2 event3 js0 js1 mice

sudo jstest /dev/input/js0
    0:-32767 1: -32767 0:OFF 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:ON 5:OFF 6:ON 7:ON 8:ON 9:ON 10:ON 11:OFF

i2c kernel is loaded by default

All switches have ~3mV until pressed then short to ground.

Here is my controlblockconfig.cfg.
    {
    “input” : {
    “gamepadtype” : “arcade”
    // “gamepadtype” : “arcade”
    // “gamepadtype” : “arcade”
    // “gamepadtype” : “none”
    },
    “powerswitch” : {
    “activated” : true
    }

}

FYI the power switch works perfectly.

Im running version 3.18.7+ PREEMPT on a Pi 1 B+

Here is a pic of my wiring. I pray that you dont tell me the extending of the wires to the pi is causing the problem :)

Thanks,
    Jeff

Jeffery
    Participant

Any ideas?

Jeffery
    Participant

Bump, please help me

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Are you overclocking the RPi? If so, try to set the clock to default and increase the clock step-by-step to see if this is causing the trouble. Always use the justest tool to check if the controls’ behavior is as expected.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.