Continuous monitoring of temperature via SSH

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Continuous monitoring of temperature via SSH

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  proxycell 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bsara
    Participant

I wanted to monitor the temperature of my pi while I was playing games so that I can see the change caused by some new heat sinks that I just got today. I wanted to do this via SSH so that I could play on one monitor while still seeing the new temperature every 3 seconds or so on my other monitor which is connected to my desktop compy. I ended up creating a little script that I placed in the ~/bin directory (since ~/bin gets added to the systems PATH with each new login shell) called monitor-temp which works like a charm. Just thought that I’d share it with any others who might find it useful.

A full explanation of what I did can be found here: http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/a/24206/22221

Here is the script:

#!/bin/bash

echo "Press [ctrl+c] to end monitoring"
    echo ""

while true
    do
      vcgencmd measure_temp
      sleep 3s
    done

proxycell
    Participant

thank you. i was looking for a solution similar to this recently.

padraigdoran
    Participant

Why not just use the watch command

watch -n3 vcgencmd measure_temp

where 3 is the number of seconds before the next call

proxycell
    Participant

even shorter 🙂
    thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.