Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, I’m new to retropie so hope you can help here?

I’ve spent ages trawling the internet looking for instructions on how to configure a standard keyboard for use as my controller in the emulators. I can find loads of stuff on how to configure USB snes, Xbox etc. controllers but nothing on a keyboard. I have tried setting it up with the guides using joyconfig but it doesn’t seem to recognise the keyboard as a controller therefore I cannot map the keys. I know in retropie 3.0 you can configure the keyboard keys in emulation station itself however I’m using version 2.6 (I rolled back to this as I found 3.0 a bit buggy with my Roms). Just for your info I’m running retropie from the petrockblog image and I’m using a raspberry pi 2. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

herbfargus

With retropie 3.0 there is an option in the retropie menu to configure retroarch controls (I haven’t had any issues with my ROMs), one of them is to configure the keyboard. Its pretty self explanatory. By default the keyboard just works anyhow- arrow keys are the Dpad, x is a… Etc. You should also just be able to change the retroarch.cfg file manually if you want different keys to be used depending on which emulator you are using.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.