Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I was able to successfully compile from source (took probable close to 45min) the Commander Keen port called Commander Genius. I works just fine on my Raspberry Pi 2, but I would need some help creating the script module for RetroPie installation. I’ve been looking at the existing examples for other ports, but I can’t quite figure out how to adjust the build/install process to meet the requirements of RetroPie. I’ll show all my steps so far.. maybe they will help others learning like me:

The link I started with:
    https://github.com/gerstrong/Commander-Genius

The dependencies I installed are:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libboost-dev

When I tried to clone the .git and compile that way, it failed, but it worked when I downloaded the archive of the last release source code. I manually extracted the archive on my PC and copied the folder to ~/CGenius/ via FTP.

I then ran:

cd CGenius
    cmake -DUSE_SDL2=yes
    make
    sudo make install

The game will now run if I type:
    CGeniusExe dir=/path/to/game

The executable is located in:
    /usr/local/games/
    The configs are located in:
    ~/.CommanderGenius/

What I would like to learn is how to change what I’ve done here to:
    1. Download/extract/build the code in the appropriate tmp directory for RetroPie
    2. Install the executable to /opt/retropie/ports/CGenius
    3. Install the config files to /opt/retropie/configs/CGenius
    4. How to use the existing binary I compiled for future RetroPie script testing so I don’t have to wait 45 minutes for it to compile.

Anyone smarter than I am willing to help with the role of mentor/instructor on this one?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shameless bump

dudleydes
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.