I have everything set up and running well, but the Megadrive controls are not mapped correctly. I read a bunch of posts saying to edit megadrive/retroarch.cfg, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. When I go into using “sudo nano retroarch.cfg” I cannot find the buttons, only keyboard inputs.
I am extremely new to linux as well as raspberry pi, But I have gotten this far and all I want if for this one last step to be finished.
Also, I am using RetroPie 2.3 in case that makes a difference.
yes this is what I would like to know, too. I am not new to emulators, not to linux, but the emulation station 2 does a pretty good job of hiding, how it works.
As far as I found out, the retroarch.cfg does not have any input_c_btn or input_z_btn. But there is a dgenrc, which lists all the buttons that are important for a megadrive controller. I think (but I could be wrong) that the button numbers you define there, are new indices of a virtual controller.
Note that there isn’t a 1 to 1 mapping of A B C X Y Z on these, but if you play around with them for a while eventually you should be able to figure out which button corresponds to what in 6 button mode…
thank you very much. Is there a way to configure it that the mapping is only done on one gamepad, but different on another gamepad. I only have one 6 button gamepad. Or do I need to redo all button mapping when gamepads are plugged in a different order?
I just posted a the same question in another post, I suspect you would have to have to use one config for one controller. Then plug in the other controller and make a mapping in the main file, it would have to distinguish itself from the other one by using input_device = #######
Until someone else chimes in the best bet is to use one controller for everything, or modify one controller to use specific buttons in that particular emulator.
I enabled 6 buttons from the settings menu and then recorded what the current inputs where for all the kick and punch buttons. I went to /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg and remapped the buttons accordinly… but for some reason when I go back into the game the buttons are definitley remapped but still incorrect. I tripple and double checked what I was doing and can’t figure out where I’m going wrong =\
I was susuccessful with this approach to mapping the SNES controller but can’t figure out what’s going on here.