Changing Configuration for Controllers for use in for Different Consoles

Home Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Changing Configuration for Controllers for use in for Different Consoles

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jaymzwise jaymzwise 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of azboardgamer
    azboardgamer
    Participant

Goal: I want to use my wireless XBox 360 controller for the various emulators. I want different buttons mapped for different consoles. For example, I want to remap the buttons for SNES, so it matches the physical layout of the buttons.

My controllers work fine, but I can not remap them specifically for the SNES. (This is the console I have been messing with up until now.)

I have used the set-up program to map out the buttons to be stored at /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg. And, I have followed others advice by inputting custom settings in the /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg. However, nothing changes.

Here are the lines of code that I put in the snes specific retroarch.cfg file.

input_player1_b_btn = "4"
    input_player1_y_btn = "6"
    input_player1_select_btn = "12"
    input_player1_start_btn = "13"
    input_player1_up_btn = "0"
    input_player1_down_btn = "1"
    input_player1_left_btn = "2"
    input_player1_right_btn = "3"
    input_player1_a_btn = "5"
    input_player1_x_btn = "7"
    input_player1_l_btn = "10"
    input_player1_r_btn = "11"

What am I missing or overlooking?

Profile photo of rmr110
    rmr110
    Participant

I’m interested in this as well.

Profile photo of alipoodle
    alipoodle
    Participant

I might not explaing it well but each emulator has its own file for the configuration of buttons and a file of the configuration off all of them.
    I believe its located in
    /opt/retropie/config

In there you will have a folder for each emulator and within the folder a file called retroarch.cfg . just put in the nessessary inputs in.

I haven’t tried this my self but I would think this is how it would work!

azboardgamer
    Participant

Thanks, alipoodle, but the code I posted are the wanted changes to the SNES configuration and were added to the /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg file. The problem is–it does not work.

I have added more commands and changed the snes9x_next_libretro.cfg file. And, still nothing.

I suppose I should try the configs/all/retroarch.cfg file and see if that actually changes the configuration.

azboardgamer
    Participant

UPDATE: I can successfully change the button mapping in the default config file (/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg). But, I am not able to have the retroarch.cfg file in the SNES directory replace the default config.

Is there some line of code missing or option I forgot to enable?

azboardgamer
    Participant

ANOTHER UPDATE: I got the remapped controls (the ones in the SNES config file) to work by uncommenting the following line of code in the SNES config file.

include /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

However, it now experiences some lag in the game. I had played the game many times before and never experienced any problem before. Any ideas?

Profile photo of jaymzwise
    jaymzwise
    Participant

Hi,

Same problem here.
    Emulator specific config file does not seem to work, even if the line include is present and uncommented.
    I modified the runcommand.sh file to launch a config file with good mapping but it’s a temporary hack, why emulator specific config does not work anymore ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar