Change Rom Folder Location?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  petrockblog 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Good Morning! I’m trying to move my ROM folder locations to a USB pen drive. I can mount the USB pen drive and have it seen by RetroPie, I can change where the SMB Shares point too, but how do I modify where the ROM folders are? Currently they are all in ~/RetroPie/roms/SYSTEMNAME but I’d like to move them to something like /mnt/usbdrive/roms/SYSTEMNAME

Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Question: would I just need to change the following section of the “retropie_setup.sh”:

# configure AdvanceMenu
    function configure_advancemenu()
    {
        printMsg "Configuring AdvanceMenu"

mkdir -p "/home/$user/.advance/"
        cp "./supplementary/advmenu.rc" "/home/$user/.advance/"

cat >> "/home/$user/.advance/advmenu.rc" << _EOF_

emulator "Atari 2600" generic "/usr/local/bin/retroarch" "-L <code>find $rootdir/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/ -name &quot;*libretro*.so&quot;</code> --config $rootdir/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig $rootdir/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg %p"
    emulator_roms "Atari 2600" "$rootdir/roms/atari2600"

to:
    emulator "Atari 2600" generic "/usr/local/bin/retroarch" "-Lfind $rootdir/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/ -name “*libretro*.so”` –config $rootdir/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig $rootdir/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg %p”
    emulator_roms “Atari 2600” “/mnt/usbdrive/roms/atari2600″`

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You need to edit the file /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

Anonymous

Thank you!

pcfreaxx
    Participant

hey there.
    first, thx for your work, helped me so much 🙂
    i need the path for the rom folder on usb, but my linux knowledge is very low. cann you give me an example how you would edit the es_system.cfg? i’m afraid to fxxx my system^^
    thx and happy new year

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I guess the quickest way would be to remove the roms folder, and create a symlink to your usb drive. no need to change any configs then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.