Change order of controllers in Jessie

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Change order of controllers in Jessie

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monchote 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

monchote
    Participant

I used to use udev rules to decide which of my 2 controllers gets mapped to /dev/input/js0 or /dev/input/js1 but unfortunately those renaming rules are deprecated and no longer work in Jessie.

Is there any other way to achieve this? It’s really inconvenient that the built-in controller of my arcade cabinet gets mapped as js1 instead of js0.

herbfargus

Swap USB ports or change the index in retroarch.cfg

monchote
    Participant

Swap USB ports

I tried this before I start using udev rules but I’ll give it another go.

herbfargus

see this video for reference:

monchote
    Participant

see this video for reference:

No luck. No matter what port I connect them to, the controllers keep the same order.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.