Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’ve ran into an unfortunate situation with retropie, I’m trying to run it on a european crt tv. When I first hooked it up everything was in black and white, which was fixed by changing sdtv mode = 2 in config.txt, when rebooted, everything was in colour again, except now the sound is incredibly poor and choppy when a rom is run, upon changing back the sound is fixed but everything is in black and white again.

I believe this is because the roms are ntsc, because when a pal rom is used the sound is fine, the problem is that some roms don’t have pal versions.

I did manage to find a setting in retroarch.cfg to change the video refresh rate to 50hz but this appears to have no affect. Just wondering if anyone has had any similiar experience or knows of a workaround, any help appreciated.

gizmo98
    Participant

toilet-vampire
    Participant

Ok, I’ve managed to get most emulators running by adding video_refresh_rate = 50 and int_hz = 50 to retroarch.cfg but mame still displays in 60hz.

I’ve tried putting the –config line in es_systems.cfg under mame but that appears to have no affect, and in mame4all pi i edited the default.cfg file in the cfg folder but that just causes it to crash.

Does anyone know how to change the hz of mame4all?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.