Capcom, Atari and GameBoy themes

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Capcom, Atari and GameBoy themes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of peanut peanut 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pomme
    pomme
    Participant

Been playing around with theme editing/creation and thought I’d share a few here in the forum. Enjoy.

These are optimized for my SD 4:3 display, so I can’t say how they’ll look on a widescreen monitor.

es theme

es theme

es theme

Profile photo of pomme
    pomme
    Participant

Oops, only allowed 2 attachments. Here’s the GameBoy theme.

Attachments:
    1. es_theme_-_gb.zip
    Profile photo of trimmtrabb
    trimmtrabb
    Participant

nice work, thanks for sharing 🙂

If you have found the solution to your problem please mark the topic as resolved.

Profile photo of petrockblog
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

Great – I will add them to the upcoming update!

BTW: How did you obtain the artworks and meta data for the MAME games? Manually or with a script?

Profile photo of kitchuk
    kitchuk
    Participant

Could you possibly post all your other themes?

Profile photo of pomme
    pomme
    Participant

How did you obtain the artworks and meta data for the MAME games? Manually or with a script?

For the Capcom System 1 & 2 I built the gameslist manually. Not too bad since there are less than 100 titles and I have a nice organized collection of game artwork & metadata from Hyperspin arcade front end software.

Real cool to have my themes added to RetroPie. It’s an honor. Thanks for all your work on this great project!

Could you possibly post all your other themes?

I’ve made modifications to some of the included themes but only subtle changes to the ones I didn’t post (e.g., moving the Sega Genesis box art down a little). Right now I am working on a theme for a 2-Player-only NES category so I’ll be posting that soon. My other themes are just slight variations on what is already available.

Profile photo of peanut
    peanut
    Participant

I put the capcom theme folder in .emulationstation
    referred

DESCNAME=Capcom System I & II
    NAME=capcom
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/fba
    EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%" 
    # alternatively: COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fba-libretro/fb_alpha_libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/fba/retroarch.cfg  %ROM%"
    PLATFORMID=23

but the theme doesnt load 🙁

Profile photo of lin00bix
    lin00bix
    Participant

Nice work man!

Love the Atari wood grain – takes me back to the good old days when I actually had the real deal with the faux wood finish – nice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar