Can't Restore Previous Scrape

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ruckage 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

panterafreak
    Participant

I went through the trouble of scraping all of my games with version 3.0 and have the gameslist.xml and images. I installed the new 3.5 image on my SD and tried to restore my previous scrape. I put them in the right folders and the permissions look good (owner = PI, has rw perms) but EmulationStaion doesn’t use the metadata or the box art.
    I tried copying them via USB and also WinSCP and while files are there, no love.

Folders under /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation
    Gameslist file located under /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/gamelists/nes/
    gameslist.xml shows the right path to the image:
    <image>~/.emulationstation/downloaded_images/nes/Pipe Dream (U)-image.jpg</image>

I have restarted the system and still don’t get the boxart/metadata. What am I doing wrong? I should be able to just copy the previously downloaded images and gamelist files and move them to a new system so I don’t have to re-scrape right?

I have verified that if I do a manual scrape from EmulationStation that it will fetch the boxart and metadata and display it.

ruckage
    Participant

Was Emulationstation running when you copied over the gamelist.xml?
    I had a similar problem which was resolved by closing emulationsation before copying over the xml files.

panterafreak
    Participant

You are the man! Works now, thanks!

ruckage
    Participant

No problem, glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.