Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hi,

i’ve tried to install dxx-rebirth with the retropie-setup script. after all is done and i’m back in the setup menu and want to go back to emulation station there is these message:

`Could not successfully build DXX-Rebirth (Descent & Descent 2) build from source (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/dxx-rebirth/d1x-rebirth/d1x-rebirth not found).

in an other thread a user could fix the problem after updating retropie, but this doesnÄt work for my. i had installed retropie 3.3 and updated yesterday to the current version (first the setup script, after that retropie).

whats wrong with dxx-rebirth?

mayner

petrockblog
    Keymaster

without the build log impossible to say (it’s in the logs/ folder)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

please upload it somewhere or use pastebin.com or similar and I’ll take a look.

mayner
    Participant

ok here is the log. i could not upload it on pastebin because of spam (??) in the log.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Where is the log ? It was attached but then it went – did you remove it ? (unless somehow I accidentally clicked delete). Please use an external site for the log – did you uncompress before pasting into pastebin etc ?

herbfargus

Even if pastebin says its spam you can enter a captcha to allow it. But you have to extract it to a text file first with 7zip or equivalent and then copy the text over manually into pastebin.

mayner
    Participant

i though i’d attached the log. didn’t work.

here is the link: http://pastebin.com/K3pQ4Gdx

petrockblog
    Keymaster

missing dependency – install libraspberrypi-dev and it should build.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

retropie-setup script has been updated, so you can update and try again

mayner
    Participant

libraspberrypi-dev is installed, no update available.

i’ve updated the setup script and tried again, but still doesn’t work.

here is the new log – if you need it: http://pastebin.com/zz7rWZVA

mayner
    Participant

no idea?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I’m not sure. If you create an image of your sdcard and share it with me via google drive or something I can take a look (buzz [at] exotica.org.uk)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

please make sure your system is up to date also – sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

are you running wheezy or jessie ?

mayner
    Participant

i’ve made an upgrade, but still the same.

can i install it without the setup script and link it to emulation station manually?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can try – but you may have the same problem – I think something is wrong with your development headers or something related. Another route would be to start with our image and try building it on there as that should work. Or provide me with an image of your card so I can check it.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Sorry – I can actually confirm the issue – maybe I broke it with some recent changes will check and get back to you. Actually, I think it could be due to upstream changes…

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It’s to do with upstream changes. I didn’t think about that before, as I had built it only a few days ago. I am debugging now, to report the problem to the developers, and then I will temporarily switch our module to build a version before it stopped working.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

ok. I have debugged it and opened a bug report and updated the retropie-setup script to use an older revision. should build if you update retropie-setup firt

mayner
    Participant

Ok, i’ll test it when i’m a home.

just because its interesting: is there a guide or so how i can create a new point in the emulation station menu to open programs i’ve installed without the setup-script?

mayner
    Participant

ok this works. thanks for your help.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.