Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all,

firstly emulation station recognises I have games in the ROMs folder for Genesis, I have put 7 games in there, when I select the game, the screen goes black and brings up this error

Performance
    powering on HDMI with explicit settings [cea mode 4]
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: liberto [ERROR] :: failed to detect rom/cd image type.
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.
    powering on HDMI with prefered settings
    ondemand

followed by returning me to the emulation station genesis game select screen. the file types I am using are .gen, Im assuming they are the correct ones as they work for emulation on my laptop and have worked on a friends retropie set up, any help will be superb as Im at a loss.

Cheers oKINGYo

proxycell
    Participant

did you use the retropie image or run the compiler script?
    do these roms work in an emulator on another computer?

i have not had anything but great success with genesis, haven’t needed any special configuration

sselph
    Participant

This error is thrown when picodrive can’t determine the media type. Here are some of the possible issues I can think of:

• If the version of picodrive you have doesn’t support the .gen extension. Try renaming one to .bin to test and if that works you might try downloading a fresh 2.3 sd image.
    • A less likely option, since you said they work on a friends retropie, is that the files are not a raw binary file and are in the multi game doctor format which isn’t supported in picodrive and you can convert them using a tool like SBWin to a bin.
    • The files were corrupted during the copy.
    Floob

In your /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg file, are you running the roms with this entry, i.e. running it with RetroArch?

<system>
            <fullname>Sega Mega Drive / Genesis</fullname>
            <name>megadrive</name>
            <path>~/RetroPie/roms/megadrive</path>
            <extension>.smd .SMD .bin .BIN .gen .GEN .md .MD .zip .ZIP</extension>
            <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 "/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /$
            <!-- alternatively: <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/opt/retropie/emulators/dgen-sdl/installdir$
            <!-- alternatively: <command>export LD_LIBRARY_<path>"/opt/retropie/supplementary/dispmanx/SDL12-kms-dispmanx/build/.libs"; /opt$
            <platform>genesis,megadrive</platform>
            <theme>megadrive</theme>
        </system>
    meowpiggums
    Participant

I have the same issue. All other systems work fine, but my smd files would loop back to the gui. I had one bin rom that would work so I used sbwin to convert my roms to bin, but they still won’t load. Is there a known set that works?

meowpiggums
    Participant

I downloaded a Romset that was .md format and that one works great. Try googling everdrive md romset and look for the is isozone link, someone named smoke monster posted it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.