Can you set the hotkey button to two separate buttons?

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Can you set the hotkey button to two separate buttons?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of flourpowder flourpowder 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of flourpowder
    flourpowder
    Participant

I would like to set all my emulators to be that hitting the guide button exits the emulator, no button combo for it. But I also want to keep the hotkey buttons so I can open the RGUI, save states, etc. Is there a way to set it so the enable hotkey button is set to two buttons? So, I would have it equal button 8 as well as the exit button to 8 (which I currently have set up) but also button 6 is enable hotkey? I have tried ‘6/8’, ‘6,8’, and two separate enable hotkey lines for each number in the /configs/all/retroarch.cfg file. Anyway to do this?

Profile photo of SwissPi
    SwissPi
    Participant

Sorry for entering that Topic, maybe use GPIO4 ?

flourpowder
    Participant

What’s that? And how would I use it to help?

Profile photo of SwissPi
    SwissPi
    Participant

Sometimes a running Programm can takeover all keys, then the hotkey cannot reach the Emulator System. I want to avoid this by using a Port of the Raspberry GPIO Header, an attached Button shall stop the Emulator System (and it will restart in 5 Seconds), it works to trigger the reboot Sequence, now I’m looking for an interface to the Emulator System, a “killall emulationstation” does not work well 🙁

flourpowder
    Participant

oh, gotcha. yea, im not looking to add any hardware or anything like that. was trying to see if there was a way to set two separate buttons similar to how some of the code works using the ‘/’ key and ‘,’ key

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar