Can only load and save from one emulator

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Can only load and save from one emulator

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of baxtex baxtex 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of baxtex
    baxtex
    Participant

So i recently installed Retropie and got it working with my 360 controllers. I love it. Especially that I have assigned a hotkey enabler when pressing select. Then I assigned 2 buttons, one for saving and one for loading. This works fine for the SNES games that I play the most, but it does not work for any of my other two emulators, NES and Mega drive. Whenever I try to save or load I get a message saying that it could not find the file. for example: “Failed to save/load state from /home/RetroPie/roms/nes/best roms/batman.state The other emulators get the command that I want to save or load so the hotkeys are working. Anyone know of a fix? I’ve tried setting the persmission to read and write with this command: sudo chmod 777 /home/pi/RetroPie/roms but that did not change anything.

Would appreciate some help regarding this matter, I’m quite new with the Raspberry and Linux in general.

Profile photo of adid4s
    adid4s
    Participant

Are your roms running from a usb?

Profile photo of baxtex
    baxtex
    Participant

Are your roms running from a usb?

No, I got them in the roms folder on the SD Card.

EDIT:

I got it working, i’l post the solution here, perhaps it might help somebody else.

I simply went into the Retropie setup and choose advanced and then choose fix permissions. Although I’m sure I’ve done it before but it was all that I needed to do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar