Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Greetings all,

I have purchased two adapters for connecting original C64/Amiga/Atari joysticks to a USB port. The model I bought was this: http://www.retronicdesign.com/en/retronic-design-products/

However – I have problem getting the input to be recognized. The device is found, and when I try to configure a Retroarch controller by it it gets named retronicdesign.comRetroJoystickAdapterv3.0.cfg but it does not recognize any buttons or movement from the joystick during configuration.

From Emulatorstation the joystick is also recognized, but upon pressing buttons or moving the joystick nothing happens. However though, when I exit Emulationstation I get the following message appearing:

INFO: Te key you just pressed is not recognized by SDL. To help get this fixed, please report this to the SDL mailing list <sdl@libsdl.org> EVDEV KeyCode 464

So – this leads me to the conclusion that the input I get from the joystick isn’t recognized by the library, and to me that doesn’t sound impossible to handle, but I must say I get a bit lost when googling generic Linux forums on the topic…

Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if there are anyone out there who have the skill to just point me into which files are relevant and how I should read which values the joystick is presenting me with!

I have tried messing a bit with handling it as an arcade joystick, but with no success.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

jimmymc
    Participant

Hi – did you have any luck with this? I’ve just purchased a couple of adapters myself, to go alongside my old Cheetah Mach I joystick. I could do with a Dummies Guide to getting it working..

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.