Viewing 35 posts - 71 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Participant

system

Anonymous
    Inactive

I swear these are just getting better. I’ve never used an Amstrad but that image makes me want to.

Are these available for anyone to use in themes or does Mr. Fargus have an exclusive contract? :P

herbfargus

I’ve set up a theme repo for all the artwork- Once it’s complete I will add it to the theme installer (https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/themes) in the source code:

https://github.com/HerbFargus/es-theme-tronkyfran

in the meantime until it’s complete you can manually add it in this file:

/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/supplementary/esthemes.sh

after this line

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/scriptmodules/supplementary/esthemes.sh#L52

you’ll add

'HerbFargus tronkyfran'

As far as rights to use- I’m just the code maintainer, Tronkyfran is the artistic genius here so that’s up to him ;)

tronkyfran
    Participant

Wow!!! the final is approaching!!, I think we’ll see it “complete” pretty soon, if my mind can get the megadrive modeling right(or if someone kind enough do it for me, wink wink).

The fact is that Im throwing the roadmap away and doing the systems I’m more attracted, I’ll do the hard ones at the end.

I was thinking about the rights matter, It’s easy, you’re free to use them for everything, giving credit to the author, excep for commercial use. I like very much the carbon theme terms, so you can copy them if you want herb ;)

And here we come, Vectrex(this was easy :P)

PD: And the “code mantainer” is a big part of this too ;)

windale
    Participant

This looks like a great theme in progress. Herb, can you also add a version with Big screenshots (for the gamelists). All my roms have in-game screenshots so I can see what the game actually looks like instead of a picture of the box, lol. At the moment they are tiny unless you sit close to the TV. I hope this theme doesn’t get abandoned with missing system pics like a lot of the other themes. Keep up the good work Tronkyfran.

tronkyfran
    Participant

nds

windale
    Participant

I appreciate your efforts Tronkyfran. I would personally prioritise the Systems that actually work well on the Pi, like Atari ST, Megadrive, PC Engine, KODI etc. The NDS, PSP, Dreamcast etc will probably never run well on a low powered Raspberry Pi. I would put those to the end of your list (in my opinion). Maybe if a popular succesor to the Pi is released or a Pi 3 but they’re not even considering that yet. Thanks for your work.

herbfargus

Emulationstation can be used on windows too where those systems that don’t work on the pi may be more viable, so they will still be useful for those that use windows.

And windale I can probably make a nometa version like we did for the carbon theme with only large boxart- I personally prefer the large boxart/screenshots as well.

Tronkyfran, Once the artwork is complete for all the systems, I’ll probably bug you on IRC for some real time collaboration on colours, fonts, layouts, etc as I don’t want this to just be the simple theme with your art- rather I’d prefer it to be your theme that was loosely based on the simple theme.

windale
    Participant

Yeah, I just think the Systems that barely run on the Pi should have the lowest priority (as it is primarily being made for Retropie use). There are still some very popular systems that run great but dont have backgrounds yet (Megadrive, Atari ST, PC Engine, KODI, ScummVM etc).

For the Large Artwork thing, it would be good if you could keep the 4 main metadata entries (number of players, year, publisher etc) at the bottom of the large artwork like the NBBA theme.

tronkyfran
    Participant

nds better version(forget the last one, please).

tronkyfran
    Participant

Windale, you are right, but I dont have the base 3d models for megadrive, atariST, msx and pcengine, and they are not easy to make. My time is limited and I have to choose carefully what to do with the 1-2 free hours a day I have.
    They will be done, it just will take more time ;)
    I think There are left this systems:

-3do(remake)
    -Atari 800
    -AtariST
    -GameBoy(remake)
    -Genesis/megadrive
    -KODI
    -Megacd
    -Msx
    -Retropie
    -Saturn
    -ScummVM
    -Sega32x
    -Sg-1000
    -Sinclair(remake)
    -Turbografx/pcengine (I dont know if Ill do both,maybe)
    -Wonderswan

If anyone need anymore systems you can try asking for it here;(neogeo pocket, for example).
    AmadhiX, thx for the support!!!!!! :D :D

tronkyfran
    Participant

scummvm

tronkyfran
    Participant

Not very happy with las scymmvm, Im thinkinf about redoing this scene in 3dd:

What do you think? Any diferentes idea?

tronkyfran
    Participant

Not enough time, so some light modifications on the image and here it is, moving on to next system!!!!

tronkyfran
    Participant

Learning Rhino 3d to improve my Genesis model, I’m not the best polygonal modeler in the world, so I have to do it. It will take 3 o 4 days so this is going to be in standby till then, (maybe I’ll do retropie system if find some inspiration).

tronkyfran
    Participant

retropie conf

EDIT:v02, better light at buttons, use this.

herbfargus

Looks good, just FYI, I took the liberty of adding your theme to the theme installer just so its there, then as I update the repo with your latest changes the theme can be updated as well through the setup script. It looks really good so far!

ronoh55
    Participant

Retropie conf background emphasizes the “Retro-cupcake” Idea I read a lot when the logo was first introduced. I like it!

tronkyfran
    Participant

Sure herbfargus, thats perfect.

Yes ronoh, I was a bit bored of plastic and cristal and decided to do something different :D

tronkyfran
    Participant

msx, it wasnt so complex :D

tronkyfran
    Participant

sg-1000

Ok, just 13 systems to go, I’m updating the roadmap in page 2 so you can see what is left. I think the most important computers and consoles are going to be done, there are too many to do them all.
    Wtf….I realized just now that I forgot to add PORTS and PC :O

So 15 systems then to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

tronkyfran
    Participant

atari 800

tronkyfran
    Participant

Magnavox Odyssey

herbfargus

Just for reference this is a roadmap of what is left so far based off of everything on the default simple theme: feel free to use your discretion on which devices to include or not include (as some may be too obscure or specific to matter and probably aren’t worth your time, just thought I’d include the list based off of the theme I’m working from)

Missing Systems:

– Atari Falcon
    – Atari Jaguar
    – Atari Jaguar CD
    – Atari ST
    – Atari XE
    – CoCo
    – Dragon32
    – Genesis
    – Kodi
    – Macintosh
    – Megadrive
    – N64
    – Neo Geo CD
    – Neo Geo Pocket
    – Neo Geo Pocket Color
    – PC
    – PC Engine
    – TurboGrafx 16
    – Ports
    – PS2
    – Saturn
    – Sega 32x
    – Sega CD
    – Super Famicom (wrong logo)
    – Videopac
    – Virtualboy
    – Wii
    – Wonderswan
    – Wonderswan Color
    – Xbox
    – Zmachine

Missing Wireframes:

– Atari 800
    – Atari Falcon
    – Atari Jaguar
    – Atari Jaguar CD
    – Atari ST
    – Atari XE
    – CoCo
    – Dragon32
    – Genesis
    – Intellivision
    – Kodi
    – Macintosh
    – Mame
    – Mastersystem
    – Megadrive
    – MSX
    – N64
    – Nintendo DS
    – Neo Geo
    – Neo Geo CD
    – NES
    – Neo Geo Pocket
    – Neo Geo Pocket Color
    – Odyssey 2
    – PC
    – PC Engine
    – TurboGrafx 16
    – Ports
    – PS2
    – PSP
    – PSX
    – RetroPie
    – Saturn
    – Scummvm
    – Sega 32x
    – Sega CD
    – Super Famicom
    – SG-1000
    – Vectrex
    – Videopac
    – Virtualboy
    – Wii
    – Wonderswan
    – Wonderswan Color
    – Xbox
    – Zmachine
    – ZXspectrum

tronkyfran
    Participant

I think there are a couple of systems that are(functionally or stetically) the same, and I prefer not to waste efforts if the emulator can be used by two of them, like:

-Atari ST/Falcon/STE (some internal differences, not too many)
    -PCEngine/Turbografx (same functionality, i think)
    -Wondersan/Wonderswan Color( just some little cosmetic differences)

In any case, if I can finish all the rest and not being exhausted I’ll try to do them too.

– Super Famicom (wrong logo) –> What?? I thought that it was correct :O , I’ll take a loook, sigh…. :(

You are right about the rest, I’ll do the effort, I think it’s worth to finish all the systems I can. But I’ll put the neogeo variants at the end of the list.

I’m going to redo ALL the wires, I want to talk to you about whats the best and more useful perspective, maybe we can speak on irc or skype sometime.

There are SO many systems!!! I’m like running a marathon, hahahah!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I downloaded the theme yesterday and tried it out, and I believe it has the potential to be the best looking theme yet if you ever do finish it, I caught myself just scrolling left and right admiring the art for like 10 minutes, I was bummed that not all systems showed properly and the sub menu was plain, only because the system view was so amazing, so I’m sure not many people are saying it, but I bet there are tons of us myself included that are hoping you can one day complete it, it’s worth waiting for, which is why I periodically come back to this thread to check the progress. Good work tronk and herb

herbfargus

Don’t worry, the plainness will be fixed. It’s definitely a work in progress. May take another 6 months with all the systems I just threw at tronky ha ha but I intend on finishing it. As there are changes I update the repo which you can update from the theme installer, and any changes I have made should show up.

And tronky I’m more than happy to chat on irc when you want, I pop on the retropie channel occasionally.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Thx so so so SO much adid4s!!!!! I really appreciate your words, and they are pretty important to me. This is a long time effort and to know that somebody likes it helps a lot to go on!!!!!!!! :D :D :D gs
    We´ll fix those not-so-finished things and I hope that it will be soon… ;)

I finally did the megadrive system. I’m sorry but dont think I’ll do a genesis version, I dont know why but this was the hardest system till date :O

herbfargus

No worries, I have a placeholder from rookervik for the genesis that will more or less fit the theme:

https://github.com/HerbFargus/es-theme-paradox/blob/master/genesis/art/main2.png

Keep up the good work

tronkyfran
    Participant

Okeeyyyyyy, I suppose that USA people prefer this one :D

Genesis

The image is less interesting because the megadrive logo down-righto is lost in the genesis version but… it is what it is.
    In spanish we have an expression, “de perdidos al río”, it means that once you start a thing, it’s not so much effort to do something more(well, more or less).

EDIT: 2nd version is a little more focused, its better for me.

tronkyfran
    Participant

kodi

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m American so I have a softspot for the US version of megadrive glad to see you actually made it, kodi looks pretty cool as well, keep it up :)

tronkyfran
    Participant

Nintendo 64

tronkyfran
    Participant

Macintosh

tronkyfran
    Participant

Odyssey 2 and videopac is more or less the same…¿?¿?¿?¿

Going to be a little slower from now, I have a time limit of 1 hour a day to make the images,hope to do one a day if everythnig goes smoothly…).

Viewing 35 posts - 71 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.