Viewing 33 posts - 246 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Participant

does anyone still have the fix files? both the links in the thread 404’ed. I am using a raphnet nes2usb and the joysticks are shwing up as the same index

rollercoasterjeff
    Participant
    feederchain
    Participant

Sorry I missed your post. rollercoasterjeff is correct. That is the version most people are using now. If you look back a page though, on Jan 28th I uploaded an even newer one. But I have actually yet to test it. Completely forgot to go back to it.

timbo
    Participant

Does anyone has the fix for the Version 3.5?

feederchain
    Participant

Does the 2 player quirk fix not work? Or is it the directionals that you are having a problem with?

wickedwonka
    Participant

I have retropi 3.5 on a rpi2 using a xinmo th dual arcade usb and have added the 2 player quirk and kernel 20150818. I am seeing 2 joypads now, but have no right or down on either joystick. What have I missed? Losing my mind here

feederchain
    Participant

Missing the right and down should be what’s fixed in the custom kernel. I’ll try and find time to get the latest version on a spare sd card and see what’s what.

wickedwonka
    Participant

Awesome, thank you so much. Ive spent the last 2 days fighting this encoder. Building a machine for a friends son and am trying to get it finished up this weekend. Your help is greatly appreciated!

feederchain
    Participant

OK, I just installed v3.6 and installed the latest custom kernel I have and I didn’t see any issues with the right and down directions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/170gux8lk69b23l/custom_kernel_1.20160128-1.tar.gz?dl=0

wickedwonka
    Participant

I used the 20160128 this time and all is well. Thank you for the assistance.

postman83
    Participant

hi, thx for all the work.
    I have the latest version of retropie and i instal the custom kernel custom_kernel_1.20160128-1.tar.gz
    I have a simple question that made me crazy, where can i find cmdline.txt for resolve issue with tht control board that don’t recognize the second player?

I open the raspberry with cyberduck but cannot find the cmdline.txt file.

thx for answer

feederchain
    Participant

You can find it in the boot directory. I change it by putting the sd card into another one of my machines and change it there.

grey
    Participant

Does the cmdline.txt method still work in the latest version of retropie? This one:

usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040

Cheeers

screechyboy
    Participant

Downloaded and installed the kernel, thank you! Works a charm : )

stephen
    Participant

First I just want to say thank you feederchain for this kernel, after a week of banging my head against the wall I finally got player 2 working.

The only problem I’m having now is player 2 start/select buttons are not working now, they work in the emulation station gui but not in the emulators themselves.
    Did anyone else have similar issues?

I’m using the xin mo dual usb and taken the following steps so far:
    1 Installed the kernel
    2 Applied usb quirk to cmd.text
    3 Configured joysticks and buttons in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

jstest is showing all buttons working as they should and it’s only when using emulators player 2 start select will not work.
    I have tried configuring snes emulator manually putting all my control mappings above the #include line and still nothing.

Any help on this would be much appreciated guys.
    Thanks

duckclimber
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Do someone have a working kernel fix for Raspberry Pi 3, RetroPie 3.6? (Working with Xin-mo)

We are some guys over in this thread that are wondering: (We got it to work with Raspberry pi 1 and 2 but not 3) https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-xin-mo-dual-arcade-working-with-retropie-easy-guide/

feederchain
    Participant

At the beginning of March I tried the latest kernel I’ve created with v3.6 and everything seemed to work for me. I unfortunately don’t have the same controller, but all the same symptoms.

stephen
    Participant

I fixed my start/button problem for player2, was down to an error on my part when wiring.
    Buttons layout needs to be exactly as it is in the diagram.
    Now player 1 start/select won’t work: )
    Got around it by mapping controls in each emulator the configuring player 1 in emulation station gui again.

Feederchain any chance this kernel could be updated for pi3 please

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a raspberry pi 3 and v3.6, kernel killed it. But turns out, you don’t need the Kernel :) For me, Emulation station picked up one player immediately, and it works in RetroArch emulators and MAME (That I’ve tested on a limited basis so far), apparently just need the usbquirk cmdline.txt mod to get two players and you’re set

feederchain
    Participant

Shit… OK, I missed the part you mentioned the Pi3…. I don’t have the ability to test that. I’ll probably have to compile a new one.

stephen
    Participant

bjkidder are you using the xin mo dual arcade joysticks/buttons?

I’m using the raspberry pi b model (first one) just to test my setup then was going to order a raspberry pi3 but don’t know if it’s safe to do so now or not

timbo
    Participant

I tested the last kernalversion with retropie v3.6 and the Rpi3
    Installing was succesfully and after the reboot the rpi3 crashed :/

feederchain
    Participant

OK, I’ve done a bit of research and it appears that the v2/v3 kernel should be the same. Bare with me… I didn’t do a whole bunch of research. Anyway… I don’t have a way of testing this because I don’t have a Piv3. But here’s the new link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pn30vkecq1v0wp/custom_kernel_1.20160322-1.tar.gz?dl=0

Is someone willing to give this a test?

Thanks

koffieleut
    Participant

I want to give it a try after the game, using openelec kodi – retropie. Does this solve the issue that I always need to have 2 nes controllers connected? The problem is that when I start a game Controller 2 is pushed left and up, at least thats what the pi thinks, when I do a full circle on the d-pad from controller 2 everything is cool again ;) Some games like MM3 are unplayeble if a button or direction is pushed on the second controller.

By the by I use your kernel for 4nes4snes adapter, maybe you need that info ;)

Anywho whats also important is a big thanks for keeping this kernel updated, without this I would have a lot more problems with the adapter, so thank you very much for your efforts :D

feederchain
    Participant

Unfortunately I can’t speak to those issues. They don’t sound like anything I’ve run into.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got mine to work with Raspberry pi 3!

Kernel wasn’t needed, just added the usbquirks line. Make sure your device ID is correct! Mine wasn’t the same as what is listed under the instructions with the usbquirks step. 0314:0326 instead. Sub-in whats listed when you run lsusb. rebooted and emulation station picked up two players. Configured in mame4all with use of xbox 360 controllers for players 3 and 4, works great. Works in retroarch as well.

janmilpol
    Participant

Just to be sure (and apologies if been asked before) but does this solution also works for the THT ARCADE CONSOLE 2P USB controller (similar to Xin Mo but distributed by Time Harvest).

thanks..

janmilpol
    Participant

Just to be sure (and apologies if been asked before) but does this solution also works for the THT ARCADE CONSOLE 2P USB controller (similar to Xin Mo but distributed by Time Harvest).

thanks..

sduckie2
    Participant

I’ve tried adding the quirk code to the file and I’m having no luck. I’m a little confused to get my second joystick to show up. Can anyone shed some light?
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

feederchain
    Participant

@janmilpol… That sounds familiar. I seem to recall someone earlier in this thread mentioning it worked for them. Although, now I don’t think the custom kernel is needed. It’s only the cmdline.txt that needs to be done for those controllers.

@sduckie2
    …. I don’t see a controller listed there… Or at least none jump out at me as being a controller. That ID you see there is what would need to be added to cmdline.txt

sduckie2
    Participant

Controller 1 works for me and buttons on player 2. I am using the Xin-mo Usb controller board and can play on player 1. So I should have the 25a7:0701 in the code then? Should I update the kernel as well? If so how do I do that? One additional question how to I give myself perms to those directories to use winscp to update files from my pc?
    Thank you

feederchain
    Participant

I’d have to go back and look at what others have for that controller. I actually don’t have it. I’m surprised to not see a listing for it from lsusb. I don’t think there is a need to update the kernel for you.

I personally wouldn’t bother with permissions. Just pull the sd card and pop it in another computer and update the cmdline.txt on that. Always been the easiest for me.

janmilpol
    Participant

Indeed, all is working fine also with the THT..

Thanks again for this comprehensive thread and all the related work.

Viewing 33 posts - 246 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.