Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all,

I installed Retropie 3 beta 4 and I’m having a problem where I get an audio and video stutter every 4-5 seconds. It happens in the following systems:

atari2600
    nes
    genesis

I previously had an older version of retropie and didn’t have this issue. Any ideas on what could be causing it?

theroamer
    Participant

I should add I’m running it on a B+

also, I don’t seem to have the stutter problem in MAME, only the game systems I listed. I tried adding the following to /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

audio_out_rate = 44100
    audio_driver = sdl

but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

smithers
    Participant

Hi.

Are you getting a rainbow coloured square in the top right corner of your screen when the slowdown occurs? If so then you need a better power supply and it will sort you out.

I had exactly same problem and it affected SNES and lr-mame too. Changing my power supply to a true 5v 2a eliminated all my issues.

theroamer
    Participant

I am getting the rainbow square. I’ll try ordering a new power supply and see if that helps. Thanks!

theroamer
    Participant

Update:

I got a new power supply and the rainbow square did indeed go away, however, I’m still getting sound and video lag every 4-5 seconds when in both nes and atari. I pulled my wifi and bluetooth dongles and rebooted. After that the lag is better, but I still get a similar, shorter lag every few seconds.

I don’t get this lag at all in the older version of the retropie image, just in 3.0 beta 4. I’m using the same roms. Boot to the old retropie, flawless play, new retropie, intermittent lag.

Any other ideas what could be the issue?

herbfargus

Not sure how much this affects things but Wicd-curses while convenient for configuring wifi can affect processing with overclocked pi’s. Other than that I don’t know. Have you tried switching the default emulators?

theroamer
    Participant

[quote=101181]Not sure how much this affects things but Wicd-curses while convenient for configuring wifi can affect processing with overclocked pi’s. Other than that I don’t know. Have you tried switching the default emulators?

[/quote]

My pi isn’t overclocked and I’m using the standard emulators.
    Mame runs fine but Atari 2600 and NES both have this glitch.

I’ll look into switching default emulators and see if that helps, however, I’m using the default emulators on the older retropie image and everything runs smoothly.

smithers
    Participant

I can post my retroarch.cfg settings file if you like? I have no issues with those or any emulators so it may be a setting that needs tweaked?

theroamer
    Participant

Well, after trying everything I could think of, I went out and bought a pi 2 and swapped it with the B+. All the problems I had are gone and I can keep the wifi and bluetooth plugged in without performance problems.

Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.