Atari 2600 Weird Screen

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of baconfury baconfury 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of baconfury
    baconfury
    Participant

I am using the latest Retropie for Pi B+. I had zero issue with Stella before. This time, I had a few growing pains with the GBA one, since /opt tells me permission denied on my ftp client.

But, I got it sorted bios wise. What I cannot fix, however, is my stella-libretro. I start any game, and it has a screen that looks like two blue bars that run on both sides of the screen, getting closer to the middle. A noise plays. Then it fades to black, and I get a horrid humming noise. If I change it to normal stella, it just tells me it cannot create game, ect. It’s a list of things it cannot create.

Now, I put my stuff in the roms/2600 folder. Please, how do I fix this? I miss my 2600 games working.

baconfury
    Participant

Alright. This may or may not help. The exact error I get, when I try switching to stella, rather than lr-stella is:
    Cannot create game enter rom name here Cannot create console in default folder with all games
    IS this of any use? Does it explain anything? I made sure stella itself was installed by going to prompt and doing the sudo apt-get install stella. Said it already had the latest version.

Profile photo of drvenkman
    drvenkman
    Participant

Okay, the two bars (vertical bars?) sound like what happens when you turn on a VCS without a cartridge inserted, or when you pull a cart from a running system. Do you have a permissions problem with your roms or the directory they’re stored in?

baconfury
    Participant

Okay, the two bars (vertical bars?) sound like what happens when you turn on a VCS without a cartridge inserted, or when you pull a cart from a running system. Do you have a permissions problem with your roms or the directory they’re stored in?

No permission erros. It’s in the atari2600 rom folder. Lets me move games in and out, and even delete ones from the ftp with no problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar