Assigning Buttons for various emulators, in game and emu specific.

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Assigning Buttons for various emulators, in game and emu specific.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xd3l xd3l 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of xd3l
    xd3l
    Participant

Hello, I’ve a few questions.

A: I need to assign a “change disc” button for the PSX emu, though all my buttons are used and I need it to be a button combo. Where do I go to set this and how do I go about it? I know how to find what buttons are what I just need to know where to go to change this setting.

B: Atari800, I need a button assigned to F9 in order to exit the game. I’d like to use SELECT and START on my controller if possible so that I can exit the Atari games like I do PSX and most other games. Again, where do I go to set this?
    EDIT: Also how to assign buttons for the 5200? I can’t even start a game.

C: MSX, I need to assign the function keys to the controller for Metal Gear, where do I go to do this and how?

D: Sinclair, I need to assign keyboard keys to the controller for this also as I can not play Castlevania as is.

E: Mame Coins, how to add coins…

I believe that is all for now. Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of luppie
    luppie
    Participant

I’m also looking for a solution on : C: MSX, I need to assign the function keys to the controller for Metal Gear, where do I go to do this and how?

I’m running RetroPie on my Picade and even with a keyboard connected I cant use the function keys.

Any help is welcome.

Profile photo of luppie
    luppie
    Participant

I’ve added OpenMSX as Emulator. It’s way more accurate then the other MSX emulators and also supports disk images and mapping all keyboard keys.

I made an instruction on how to install it at : OpenMSX howto

Profile photo of xd3l
    xd3l
    Participant

Thank you, I’m trying to follow it now, all is well but there is no “/home/pi/.openMSX/” folder.

Profile photo of luppie
    luppie
    Participant

There should be an .openMSX folder, it’s a hidden folder.

Profile photo of xd3l
    xd3l
    Participant

I had it, then I decided I needed to get off SD and boot of USB, so I am on a new setup now.

I am trying to ./configure but am getting this error:

No working C++ compiler was found.
    Please install a C++ compiler, such as GCC’s g++.
    If you have a C++ compiler installed and openMSX did not detect it, please set the environment variable CXX to the name of your C++ compiler.
    After you have corrected the situation, rerun “configure”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar