Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

in es_systems.cfg in RetroPie V2.3 I used to be able to add two config files with the –appendconfig option by putting a comma between them. I’m on V2.6 now and whenever I do that, RetroArch is not able to load the one config file after the comma. It says it is unable to load the content.

jonnygall
    Participant

To be more specific, I am trying to append /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarchp2.cfg and here is the error RetroArch is giving me:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: config_load_file :: Failed to append config “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarchp2.cfg,/tmp/retroarch-rate.cfg”

petrockblog
    Keymaster

please provide the actual config line in es_system.cfg please.

The problem may be the way you are adding the config and a conflict with runcommand – which appends its own retroarch config with the video mode refreshrate in.

jonnygall
    Participant

<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/neslibretro/fceumm_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg,/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarchp2.cfg %ROM%" "neslibretro"</command>

petrockblog
    Keymaster

theruncommand script adds an addition config – and it seems retroarch breaks at more than 2 configs added to appendconfig – I have opened a ticket here – https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/1439

workarounds:

don’t use runcommand so the additional config is not added.

/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/neslibretro/fceumm_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg,/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarchp2.cfg %ROM%"

alternatively, you can just add /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg and “include” your addition config from there (putting #include path/to/additional/config in there)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

i found the problem in the code and have now submitted a fix to retroarch for this. I will rebuild retroarch binaries once it has been included.

jonnygall
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you for taking your time to look into that. Works again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.