Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’m just testing the n64s Mario Kart on the pi2 and add the menus are corrupted and one in the game it runs slow.

gizmo98
    Participant

You are using mupen64plus-libretro with rice plugin at the moment. Use another emu or plugin. Press x/m at game startup and select another one. MK64 + RetroPie Beta 2 runs fine with:
    mupen64plus-libretro + gles2n64 plugin
    mupen64plus + rice plugin
    mupen64plus + gles2n64 plugin
    mupen64plus-testing + rice plugin
    mupen64plus-testing + gles2n64 plugin

Mupen64plus-libretro + rice is default because it does not crash your pi with certain games and uses retroarch controller setup. Mupen64plus standalone should be faster but needs more effort to setup unknown controllers and hotkeys.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Many thanks for this info.

I don’t have access to my Pi2 at the moment but will later, so I just as you say run Mario Kart 64, Press x/m at game startup, then choose a different plugin?

Can you make one the default?

gizmo98
    Participant

If you start game there is this “press x or m” message for a short time. Select gles2n64 for MK64 because it should be the fastest and best looking plugin for this game.

phoenix
    Participant

yes, you can make mupen64plus gles2n64 (testing) the default, and it should be, not only for that ROM, but for N64. The only exception I have really found is Zelda, which runs better with Rice. Mario Kart runs sweet with the (testing) mupen64plus.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

If I press x and m I just get a load of shaders that don’t make much difference.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

The shaders are from opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/shaders

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Managed to change it and what a difference, no sound though after changing.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

A reboot fixed the sound, where do I configure the controls?

herbfargus
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.