Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I’m currently running the stock 2.6.0 image with Tech Tipsta’s N64 configurations. I’m on of those “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kinda guys, but I also want the most out of my RPi2. Is there a reason to update the emulators to their most recent versions? Is anyone here involved in the development of them? I’d love to hear about performance improvements that have happened since image 2.6 was released. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there,
    To be honest, i wouldn’t risk going through all the effort to find that it doesn’t work/ is an unstable build of the emulator, however most new images of RetroPie (for example, 2.5 to 2.6) will come with tested emulator updates that are stable> However, if the emulators usually run at a high enough speed, they will usually only receive slight updates.
    If you would like to increase performance, over clock your pi higher than the standard clock.
    my current clock is:
    1050 CPU
    500 Ram
    550 Gpu
    0 Overvolt
    i have found it runs stable at these speeds, but im going to start a topic to see if cpu/gpu overclocking is more important for n64 and psx, and to see if i can even under clock some areas to overclock others (eg gpu down for cpu up)
    Any Questions, Please Ask!
    AJ.

hazza4569
    Participant

[quote=92104]I’m currently running the stock 2.6.0 image with Tech Tipsta’s N64 configurations. I’m on of those “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kinda guys, but I also want the most out of my RPi2. Is there a reason to update the emulators to their most recent versions? Is anyone here involved in the development of them? I’d love to hear about performance improvements that have happened since image 2.6 was released. Thanks![/quote]

Does your N64 emulator run smoothly? I’ve been struggling to get mine to work, the games that do run are really slow and blurred.

What are these configurations?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there,
    Which ROM folder are you using / which emulator? The ROM folder which has just n64 is the libretro emulation directory, which is a more precise and accurate emulator, but at the cost of (for some reason) the menu / navigation and speed of emulation
    the n64mupen64plus folder is the Mupen64plus directory, which is a less accurate emulator, but runs at a much faster rate and is able to show menus (i prefer this one)
    Any Questions, Please Ask!
    AJ

hazza4569
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure what emulator I’m using, although I think it’s something along the lines of mupen64 as that crops up a lot in the code when a game is launching.

As for the folders I only seem to have the plane old n64 folder? There’s a c64 but I believe that’s a different console altogether?

Thank you for your help.

ratsflif
    Participant

I would just use win32diskimager and make a backup of your current sd card then run the binary update from the setup script. It updates the emulators and gives you some more functionality such as selecting which emulator you want to launch based on system or rom.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.