Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This Splash Screen was quite fun. First I had to figure out what RetroPie would be in Japanese. Since it’s a new English word, I used Katakana and it comes out as レトロパイ。 So when spoken, it is Reh-to-roh-pah-ee. That’s about as close as can be achieved for Japanese to speak RetroPie. From there, it was the basic “follow the theme, colors, and style of the original.” I did have to get creative and draw additional tablets for the background. I think it came out great. I added a gif to show the before and after. Enjoy!

[attachment file=”RetroPie_Altered_Beast.png”]

herbfargus

Nice!

momaw27
    Participant

Looks great!!!

rookervik
    Participant

Thanks! If you like this theme, I have converted about 5 games’ title screens for RetroPie. I haven’t got many replies so I don’t really know if people would like me to make more.

herbfargus

server had issue so my posts were deleted- but to summarise: good work- you should make skins for super mario war and upload them to smwstuff.net (I’ve also started a repo for game mods for super mario rpg and sonic- essentially reskinning the games)

https://github.com/HerbFargus/smw-mods

rookervik
    Participant

Hey herbfargus. I read your comment before the server went kapoot. It did it right as I uploaded the Defender splash screen. Hopefully I didn’t kill it. >_< I should go ahead and re-post that image?

herbfargus

yeah that would be good. it wasn’t something you did don’t worry :P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.