I performed the upgrade using the Retropie menu and it seemed to go fine. Everything still works, but I noticed that the N64 emulator has changed to default to Mupen64PLus. The website says that this emulator will autoconfigure controls when I do the initial setup in Emulation Station, however it didn’t seem to work.
After the upgrade, Emulation Station did make me redo the controller configuration which I did, and it works in all RetroArch emulators. But no controls work at all in the Mupen64PLus. What is the easiest way to get this working?
I’m using a Raspberry Pie 2 with an ipac2 controller which just acts like a keyboard.
Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope I’m not just missing some obvious NOOB thing. Thanks!!
Yes, I did make progress by editing the file you mentioned. It took some trial and error but I did get it working with my wireless xbox controller. It actually works really well and I’m happy with it. I have not yet tackled getting a second controller working but will try that soon.
The ipac controller I was using for other emulators won’t ever work for N64 since this system requires the analog stick. PSX also has analog but is playable with the 8 way joystick that the ipac is connected to in my setup.
I figured out the n64 keyboard config. http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/ipac-2-n64/
And u can use it without a joystick if u set the buttons in the joystick section. I cant get 2 players working though. If u just want to use controllers just configure that through emulation station. And each controller has to be in a different usb port on the pi.
Hey thanks for the info. I may try this to see if I can get it working with the ipac2.
I wasn’t able to get my controller working with it by configuring it with emulation station. I think it is because these wireless xbox controllers don’t show up the same way as a true usb controller. For instance, my wireless dongle for the xbox can handle up to four controllers. So all four are technically coming in through the one usb port. I guess this is why emulation station doesn’t set it up correctly for this emulator. But anyways, I was able to manually modify the InputAutoCfg.ini and get it working.