After Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, N64 controls don't work

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie After Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, N64 controls don't work

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  catrinisin 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

catrinisin
    Participant

Hi All,

I performed the upgrade using the Retropie menu and it seemed to go fine. Everything still works, but I noticed that the N64 emulator has changed to default to Mupen64PLus. The website says that this emulator will autoconfigure controls when I do the initial setup in Emulation Station, however it didn’t seem to work.

After the upgrade, Emulation Station did make me redo the controller configuration which I did, and it works in all RetroArch emulators. But no controls work at all in the Mupen64PLus. What is the easiest way to get this working?

I’m using a Raspberry Pie 2 with an ipac2 controller which just acts like a keyboard.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope I’m not just missing some obvious NOOB thing. Thanks!!

jynxbone6986
    Participant

Im having the same problem. I think we need to edit /opt/retropie/configs/n64/InputAutoCfg.ini but we need the button id’s[key(102)] instead of “num1”. Have you made any progress with this?

catrinisin
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I did make progress by editing the file you mentioned. It took some trial and error but I did get it working with my wireless xbox controller. It actually works really well and I’m happy with it. I have not yet tackled getting a second controller working but will try that soon.

The ipac controller I was using for other emulators won’t ever work for N64 since this system requires the analog stick. PSX also has analog but is playable with the 8 way joystick that the ipac is connected to in my setup.

jynxbone6986
    Participant

I figured out the n64 keyboard config. http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/ipac-2-n64/
    And u can use it without a joystick if u set the buttons in the joystick section. I cant get 2 players working though. If u just want to use controllers just configure that through emulation station. And each controller has to be in a different usb port on the pi.

catrinisin
    Participant

Hey thanks for the info. I may try this to see if I can get it working with the ipac2.

I wasn’t able to get my controller working with it by configuring it with emulation station. I think it is because these wireless xbox controllers don’t show up the same way as a true usb controller. For instance, my wireless dongle for the xbox can handle up to four controllers. So all four are technically coming in through the one usb port. I guess this is why emulation station doesn’t set it up correctly for this emulator. But anyways, I was able to manually modify the InputAutoCfg.ini and get it working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/