AdvanceMame Exit Menu

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hobbswon hobbswon 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lamaman1971
    lamaman1971
    Participant

Hi Folks, Im using AdvanceMame with an arcade controller (iPac2) and while the START2 & START buttons get me a response to exit the emulator it then pops up some stupid menu requiring an “Enter” keypress – digs out the bloody USB keyboard again…. – which is deeply annoying. Anyone got any tips on how to either :

a) make the annoying menu not appear and default to exit (like everywhere else)
    b) remap a spare button (or combination of buttons) to deliver the required ENTER command (I think LEFT and START2 should work – maybe its my lack of dexterity!).

Meh.

Enjoying RetroPie R3 using Pi3 and IPAC-2. Happ Controls and Trackball in a custom Bartop with a VGA 4:3 monitor. Primarily used for MAME with a little UAE thrown in.

lamaman1971
    Participant

Resolved this by making adjustments to the configuration : MISC_SAFEQUIT = no

Easy!

Enjoying RetroPie R3 using Pi3 and IPAC-2. Happ Controls and Trackball in a custom Bartop with a VGA 4:3 monitor. Primarily used for MAME with a little UAE thrown in.

Profile photo of lg416
    lg416
    Participant

thanks so much for this tip. It was pissing me off too lol

for anybody else looking for this file it is located here:
    /opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/advmame-1.2.rc

lamaman1971
    Participant

and the documentation is here : http://www.advancemame.it/doc-advmame

Profile photo of oleguer
    oleguer
    Participant

Hello all!! I try to config advmame1.4 and I have too questions to config them…
    1-What command you use to config the exit keyconfig?? (“”MISC_SAFEQUIT = no”” but what command use in key config to use them?))
    2-I try to config the controls using dualshock 3 gamepad anyone have the config for this?? Can upload to .txt or pastebin??
    3-When I try to config the dualshock 3 gamepad using the emulator menu (using TAB key of the keyboard, and changed the device_joystick auto to device_joystick raw in the config of .rc file) the game only take the config in the option “for this game” what I need do to change general config for all games and apply them???
    Thanks for all help forum!! and sorry for bad english 😐

lamaman1971
    Participant

I’m using an iPac2 with traditional arcade controls – so not sure about a dualshock 3 to be honest! Sorry!

Profile photo of oleguer
    oleguer
    Participant

lamaman1971 you can copy to txt file your .rc config of advanced mame to help me and I can apply for my config??? thanks!!

Profile photo of hobbswon
    hobbswon
    Participant

Sorry to necropost but this was the only info I could find…how did anybody get advmame to exit with a combo hotkey ( like start + select )??

I thought this was only for retroarch cores?

I was able to find the line for the safequit prompt to disable it…but I cannot find where the code for exiting the emulator is.

Profile photo of hobbswon
    hobbswon
    Participant

Ok, ‘UI Cancel’ from the user interface menu is the option to map to a button to exit the emulator.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar