Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am building a “mini-arcade” built around an iCade and a raspberry pi. I want to add a “touch sensor” button, which is sold by sparkfun.com and is based on the AT42QT1010. I am interfacing the joystick/buttons using a “zero delay” USB encoder I bought off eBay.

Question is, can the digital output signal be used by the USB encoder, or do I need to connect the output directly to the GPIO? I read somewhere that pin 5 already has a pull up resistor on it. It seems every pi tutorial on buttons involves lighting an LED; all I want to do is read the button push.

appreciate any help!

phoenix
    Participant

I tried modifying adafruit’s “retrogame” program for this purpose with ZERO success. Finally, I ditched retrogame, and installed GPIoneer, which has a flag where you can set all GPIO pins to pulldown. I only had one other button besides the capacitive touch button to program, so I wired it to 3.3v with a 10K ohm resistor, and other side to the GPIO pin. They work perfectly now. Just wanted to add that in case anyone ran into the same problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.