Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hy together, i would like to build this Adafruit Project (https://learn.adafruit.com/pigrrl-raspberry-pi-gameboy/overview) but i would like to replace the “CupCade” image with “RetroPi” is this possible or should i stay with the Cupcade system, (all components for the “PiGRRL are ordered and the Case is allready printed sicne abaout a week.

flipbug
    Participant

No reason why you couldn’t try the Retropie system. If it fails to work for any reason, wipe the SD card and flash CupCade to it. You’re only changing the software. RetroPie should work fine as long as you are able to map the controls :)

Definitely post some pics of your project if you get it working!

bluenazgul

The reason i asked is the the Adafruit PiTFT uses Framebuffer to controll the Display via GPIO and i read that RetroPi mainly use HDMI

nbonaparte
    Participant

The PiTFT display does not allow OpenGL hardware acceleration, which is what RetroPie uses (and most emulators). If you really wanted to try, you could use fbcp which copies the framebuffer back to the PiTFT but it has a lower framerate and the resolution gets somewhat messed up.

dj505

What do you mean exactly by the resolution getting “somewhat messed up”?

dj505gaming
    Participant

[quote=21873]The PiTFT display does not allow OpenGL hardware acceleration, which is what RetroPie uses (and most emulators). If you really wanted to try, you could use fbcp which copies the framebuffer back to the PiTFT but it has a lower framerate and the resolution gets somewhat messed up.[/quote]

What do you mean by the resolution getting messed up? And how do you force fb1?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.