Messing around with MAME4ALL-Pi and I have a couple issues I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to solve:
1) When I first tried the emulator it ran very smoothly but once I overclocked to Medium, a lot of the games run way too fast and skip a lot. Anyway to slow it back down without turning off the overclock?
2) Some of the games have sound…but most do not. Any notions on why that is or how to fix it?
Oh! One more! 😀
3) Can you map an “exit back to emulationstation” button on your controller like most of the other emulators?
1) Not sure why the games are running quickly? Try pressing F8, I think that turns turbo on and off. You can also press F11 to show the fps and frameskip settings. Play around with those function keys.
2) Some games might not have emulated sound (Undercover Cops, In the Hunt etc) as it’s an older version of mame. Some very old games might need sound samples in the mame folder titled ‘samples’. Check the mame4all pi Google code site and there should be a link on there with instructions.
3) Yes. Press the ‘TAB’ key to open up the menu and then go to input for all and there should be an option called ‘UI Cancel’. Press ‘Enter’ on it and then press start and select. This should map other those buttons to quit to ES.
Yeah sound works on all other systems (except Osmose, but that was just one of many issues I had with that particular emu and I gave up on that one a long time ago…) and sound works on a handful of MAME games…Doesn’t seem to be much if a pattern either…Just some games in MAME have sound but most don’t…
And yeah I tried all of the F-Keys…fluctuating around 200% is lowest I can get the framerate…As I said, without overclocking MAME runs normal speed but with overclocking it can’t get it to slow down…Unfortunately, everything else runs better with overclocking…
Well oddly enough after I flashed a new SD Card with IMG 1.10, the problems I was having with MAME4ALL-Pi are largely gone. The sound seems to work on all the games I’ve tried and they run at the normal speed. Weird.
The sound DOES skip a lot though…any fix for that besides overclocking more? (Already at Medium)…Like maybe a way to lower the sound quality or something to that effect?