3.0 Upgrade – Can't Access Emulators in EmulationStation

Home Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! 3.0 Upgrade – Can't Access Emulators in EmulationStation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jbfortune jbfortune 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #106503
    Profile photo of kymehra
    kymehra
    Participant

    Hi,

    I recently upgraded to 3.0 but following the upgrade I have lost menu access to nearly all of my emulators in EmulationStation.

    I can still see 1 (MAME) and all of its ROMs, but SNES, NES, etc are all missing from the menu.

    A few times when i’ve quit ES, I see an error stating that there are missing settings for multiple emulators.

    I have checked and the roms are still within the roms folders and sub-folders.

    Is anyone aware of a way to rebuild the es_config file?

    Any other ideas

    Thanks

    #106504
    Profile photo of herbfargus
    herbfargus
    Member

    When you say upgrade as in from 2.6 to 3.0? You’re best off starting with a fresh sd image. Too much has changed for an update to be seamless (always important to make backups before any update)

    but if you’re just looking to fix your es_systems.cfg see:

    http://pastebin.com/yCT4H8KB

    typically there will be a backup es_systems.cfg in /etc/emulationstation

    The folders that used to be used have been consolidated. you can see the wiki for the current folder structure: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki

    #106828
    Profile photo of kymehra
    kymehra
    Participant

    hey – thanks for the reply!

    i’ll take a look at the other posts and if not i’ll load up the new image

    cheers

    #106845
    Profile photo of jbfortune
    jbfortune
    Participant

    Hi,

    I had this problem and for some reason my es_systems.cfg file had lost some of the file extensions the emulators used. For example, it didn’t have in .smd under the Megadrive section meaning that although all my roms were still here, because they were .smd file extensions, it wasn’t picking them up. Adding this in worked fine.

    I’ll add, I only had this problem when upgrading. If I did a clean 3.0 image it works without issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar