Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey!

Been working on my retropie setup now for a while now and it works flawless. Even installed my own on switch.

But as my new addon to the project i wanna add a 16×2 LCD that i can have behind the transparent front on the box i have everything in that shows the title of the started Rom.

Is it possible to show what Rom that is playing on one of those. Never used any. And wanna know if it works before i buy one :)

Like this one:
    http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115

Thanks

/Neerav

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a nice idea, you may find this quite difficult to do though.

I’d think you’d probably need to write a script to control the LCD, and then possibly get emulationstation to execute the script and output the name of the ROM, I believe this is possible by editing the es_systems.cfg and just adding an additional line of code to execute your script, of course this would be per emulator.

I’m not entirely sure if emulationstation “knows” what rom is being loaded, you’ll need to do a bit of research on that.

And finally, getting the screen to clear after you’ve exited the game might be harder, but again it could be possible that emulationstation could execute this.

Good luck!
    ———————————————-
    As a side note, I’m not aware of anyone doing this before. If you can program then you could possibly write your own GUI for the emulators and then it would be much easier to implement this LCD into your setup.

neerav
    Participant

Cool thanks for replying.
    Prolly gonna get one then to try it out :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

You could probably do a number of cool things outside of emulation with it as well :)

Neuniolegreno

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.