Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had just under 2GB available on my 64GB card before the update. After the update it’s showing 0 available even though I haven’t used all the blocks. When typing “df” at the command line it shows this:

Filesystem    1k-blocks    Used        Available    Use
    /dev/root     59455228     57517592            0    100%

I thought it was maybe just a visual error but it won’t let me copy any new files since it thinks I’m out of space. If I delete a file the Available space still remains at 0, but the Used space will go down. When I take the sdcard out and plug it into my ubuntu machine it shows 1.86GB available on the card.

zerojay
    Participant

Try running fsck on the card from Ubuntu and see if there’s issues that need to be corrected. Also, when you formatted the card, it may have done the standard Linux thing of reserving 5% of the card space for the root user which you can get back easily without needing to reformat.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yeh some of the space is reserved for root (so the system will work even when full) – if you want to use it you can

tune2fs -m 0 /dev/sda2

which will make the space available for all users. you could also set this to a value lower than 5 (in %).

mikeveli20
    Participant

This definitely appears to be the issue. I deleted a bunch of stuff and now it’s showing some available space. Is it bad to use the full size of the card?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.