Reply To: Building Raspberry Pi/Retropie from scratch as a newbie

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Building Raspberry Pi/Retropie from scratch as a newbie Reply To: Building Raspberry Pi/Retropie from scratch as a newbie

Profile photo of karhu
karhu
Participant

A good guide herb, and one I did get hold of when I started. So having got your Pi up and running noobs, you wonder how to get retropie onto your precious SD card without destroying noobs. After a lot of reading I found that you can use berryboot to have two boots on one SD card and choose them, but I also found that noobs was a free download and so there was no risk in wiping it from the card. To take the easy approach I decided to wipe the card and load retropie onto it, which is where you start finding all the issues. So first step, download the retropie image which is easy. Next step is to extract it, but windows 10 wants no part of that so you need another extract program. Tried to get winzip to work but it was unhappy, tried winrar but wrong format, eventually found 7-zip which seems to be able to unpack the image and so downloaded that and unpacked the SD card image. Thats another day gone (remember this was a couple weeks back). So anyone following this guide, make sure you find a way to unpack the image before you move on.

Raspberry Pi with a box and Logitec F310 controller, and Retropie

Skip to toolbar