Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system? Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Profile photo of shmoopty
shmoopty
Participant

What difficulty setting are your dip switches set to? I suppose I could look that up, but I’m all over the place right now.

Anyway, YES – I can confirm that I was able to run the game with your settings. I’m eager for feedback – currently the file system arrangement tells Retropie how to treat your laserdisc games.

Here’s what your game setup looked like, file-wise

roms
|-- daphne
|    |   (The folder below holds a laserdisc...".daphne"
|    |   tells emulationstation to add this to the menu,
|    |   and "dle21" tells daphne to use that game engine)
|    |
|    |-- dle21.daphne     
|    |    |-- dle21.command  (Optional extra command-
|    |    |                   line params!)
|    |    |-- dle21.txt      (Framefile must have same
|    |    |                   basename, like "dle21")
|    |    |-- lair.m2v
|    |    |-- lair.ogg
|    |
|    |                (All roms go into this roms folder)
|    +-- roms
|         +-- dle21

If you or anyone wants to be running Daphne in 15 minutes, here are the directions.

Keep in mind that you do this at your own risk, of course. And herbfargus might have some interesting insight when he’s back from holiday. But if you’re willing to stick your neck out and try something new, I appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Get a prompt up and enter these four lines.

$ git clone https://github.com/Shmoopty/daphne-pi.git
$ cd daphne-pi
$ ./build-daphne.sh
$ sudo ./install-daphne.sh

Then restart RetroPie.

That last line will clobber any changes you’ve made to es_systems.cfg, if you’ve made changes to it. Because I’m not editing your XML in my bash script. 🙂

More details will appear in a README in the new roms/daphne dir.

Also, if you install either clean_canela theme from retropie-setup, InsecureSpike has already made the Daphne menu look all pretty!

Tell me what you think! I’m curious how earlier model Pi’s do. I also feel like I’m close to getting daphne to match your preferred joystick config from emulationstation, but I’ll save that for after the feedback…

Skip to toolbar