Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system? Reply To: (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) Anyone interested in Daphne laserdisc system?

Profile photo of shmoopty
shmoopty
Participant

Hi, herbfargus!

Daphne does not seem to have a public source repository. Instead they offer a GPL’ed tarball of the most recent official release source.

Yes, I’ve chatted with “Matt_O|zn” in their IRC channel and I have their blessing to publicly patch the source for Raspberry Pi. Their private source isn’t in a state right now to share or patch.

The original laserdisc images can be large, yes! But daphne only expects an ogg file for audio and a m2v for video. Both could be compressed down to a smaller size, if desired. I haven’t tried this – I’m assuming.

I can also find exact laserdisc rips on YouTube right now.

Probably worth mentioning – there are also easily google-able ways to produce a Daphne video from a matching PC-CDROM or DVD game disc. 🙂

Skip to toolbar