Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • aoxo
    Participant
    Post count: 5

    OK. After about a week of double checking paths and filenames over and over, combing for typos, and anything else that would explain why some scripts work and some don’t…I finally resolved the problem. I renamed the troublesome scripts, created new fresh text files with the original script names, copied the exact contents of the original scripts into the new scripts, and made them executable. Now they suddenly work just like they should.

    It seems not all text files are created equal, especially those that I created on a windows machine and sent to the Pi via sftp. For some reason this resulted in files that wouldn’t execute even though they were executable, and instead resulted in “filename not found”, even though I could see the file right there in the folder.

    Now I can go about adding some more options to emulationstation like raspi-config, RetroPie-Setup, software updates, reboot, etc. Next I would like to figure out if I can have emulationstation launch different xsession/DEs. I can skip running startx and run xfce4-session instead and that works..but so far no luck with startlxde or lxsession unless I change my default DE. It seems like I should be able to run one or the other without having to change the default.

    aoxo
    Participant
    Post count: 5

    Ok turns out I didn’t have to punch kitty. I restarted the script and it seemed to know what was already done. It finished in another hour and said it failed installing retroarch. I ran the script again and deselected everything except retroarch. Good to go now.

    aoxo
    Participant
    Post count: 5

    The file examples linked at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKahG0w81DQ worked. I ended up making some changes once I knew it worked.

    I installed a precompiled XBMC from a link at the top of href=”http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC.

    Run the raspi-config to set the raspberry pi to boot to terminal and not X. Run the retropie setup script again after installing and you can set it to autostart emulationstation at startup. Along with XBMC, you can add a launcher for “startx” to start your default DE. Make your %ROM% scripts executable with chmod +x

    I find this method doesn’t result in XBMC being as fast as it is with OpenELEC. I suspect the video randering is a bit more efficient in OpenELEC for the menus/UI. The CPU usage is of course not to be trusted as the CPU usage display itself uses any remaining CPU to render. The quartz theme is pretty lean and responsive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)