Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry for the tons of questions in this thread but here it goes.

Im having a weird problem. Is there any way to configure an xbox controller to have the analog sticks and D-pad active at the same time? I can tinker around in my config files to get one or the other to work, but I can never get them both to be available at the same time.

I have this in my /etc/rc.local

xboxdrv --detach-kernel-driver --trigger-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1

I also copied the data from my XboxGamepad(userspace driver).cfg over to my PSX specific retroarch.cfg This fixed all of the misconfigured buttons that I was having problems with.

The numbers in those config files that I am playing around with are

Im assuming this is the D-Pad?

input_up_axis = "-5"
    input_down_axis = "+5"
    input_left_axis = "-4"
    input_right_axis = "+4"

And I am also messing with these

input_l_x_plus_axis = "+0"
    input_l_x_minus_axis = "-0"
    input_l_y_plus_axis = "+1"
    input_l_y_minus_axis = "-1"
    input_r_x_plus_axis = "+2"
    input_r_x_minus_axis = "-2" 
    input_r_y_plus_axis = "+3"
    input_r_y_minus_axis = "-3"

Also, is there a program that will tell me the output of the 360 controller. In jstest all I see are weird analog numbers like -350021 on this axis and that axis. I am wanting to push the b button and it just shows me that is the “5” button

Is there a way to have the controller rumble?

Alex

Hi,

this are the settings i use:

DPad:

input_player1_up_btn = "0"
    input_player1_down_btn = "1"
    input_player1_left_btn = "2"
    input_player1_right_btn = "3"

Left Analog Stick:

input_player1_right_axis = "+0"
    input_player1_left_axis = "-0"
    input_player1_down_axis = "+1"
    input_player1_up_axis = "-1"

With this Settings i am able to use my Xbox 360 controllers dpad and left analog stick in all games. The only problem is that the analog stick isn’t really analog. I can only use the 8 directions the dpad is also capable of.

If someone has a solution to this please post it.

samuraipinguin
    Participant

Can you post you complete config and the directory that the configuration is in? I changed it to yours in my specific PSX config file but still only the analog works with it and not the d-pad. Basically Im just trying to play Ape Escape and it says it does not detect a dual analog controller and will not let me play the game.

Alex

With my settings above you can use the DPad and analog stick at the same time but the emulator recognizes both as DPad inputs..
    I just mapped the controls up, down, left and right on the dpad and the analog stick. The emulator reacts with the same input when i use the dpad or the analog stick.

I haven’t figured out how to activate the real analog stick. I read somewhere else that you could activate it with some command but can’t find the source of that. There was written that if you activate the analog stick it will only work in games that require a dualshock 2 controller.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.