Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys. So I have been trying to set up my Xbox controller. The only way I knew how is to configure it in /opt/retro/pie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg. I would configs the controller to how I need the buttons.

Recently I found this folder: /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs and click on the Xboxgamepads.

My question is the file looks like it is set up to use an Xbox controller. How do I access this file. I apologize that I am stupidly new to Linux and raspberry pie. Any dummy guide would greatly be appreciated.
    I already updated xboxdrv. ( or whatever it is called).

brakanje
    Participant

You edit it in a text editor. Me though I just deleted it as i want to be able to manually configure all of retroarch through the RGUI. That file you found overrides EVERYTHING in retroarch preventing you from even accessing the RGUI as 8 doesn’t seem to be an existing button in xboxdrv.

Humpadilo
    Participant

Do you happen to have a map of what buttons are what on the xbox controller? Or is trial and error the best way to figure it out?

brakanje
    Participant

if you open xboxdrv in non silent mode i think it gives youa readout of what buttons you are pressing.

Floob

These show you how the auto files wok, compared to using the main retroarch.cfg file.

You can disable the auto files if you want, or just re-configure using the built in retroarch joyconfig tool.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.