Xbox Controller Dropped Packets

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Xbox Controller Dropped Packets

RetroPie has a new website and forum. Please visit https://retropie.org.uk/ for the new site. The new forum is located at https://retropie.org.uk/forum/. This forum is left here as a read-only archive.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of shane557 shane557 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2013
    Profile photo of shane557
    shane557
    Participant

    I used the pre-made .img file from this site with a Raspberry Pi B rev 2.0, installed xboxdrv and setup all of the proper configuration files for the controller in /etc/rc.local and used retroarch-joyconfig to add the p1.cfg file to retroarch.cfg. The Xbox Wireless receiver is plugged into a 2.6 amp USB hub and the pi is powered by the hub as well. (Plugging the pi directly to the wall did not fix anything).

    When I try to use the Xbox Wireless controller with emulators, it seems as though packets are being dropped (or something else?). For example, even when I am just in the ROM selection menu and press down on the d-pad, it often gets “stuck” and constantly repeats the d-pad down command until I hit something else on the controller. This trend continues within games, too.

    Exiting everything and running “sudo xboxdrv” shows me that this is not a hardware problem because outside of the emulation station, all packets are received and the button never gets “stuck.” (E.g. when I press down on the d-pad dd=1 and immediately when I let up, and new line appears letting me known dd=0)

    Any ideas?

    #2023
    Profile photo of shane557
    shane557
    Participant

    Although it doesn’t seem like there is much interest in this problem, I have found a solution in case somebody else stumbles across this problem.

    In the rc.local file, I had added four Xbox controllers as such:

    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 1 --led 3 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 2 --led 4 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 3 --led 5 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

    This turned out to be the problem, as I was only using one controller. To fix the problem, I edited the file down to the first two lines:

    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1

    After that, everything worked flawlessly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar