Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have just installed the new Retropie2 and wan to use my wired 360 controller on it.
    Installed the xboxdrv through retropie setup and configured the buttons with retroarch-joyconfig. No problems here yet
    The controller works fine in the emulationstation menu(and works perfect on my PC) but when i start a game most of the buttons are not responding.
    When is start Cavestory, the a button, y button and start and select work, but the analog buttons and the dpad won’t respond.
    When i launch doom i can start a new game by pressing the y button but can’t navigate through the menus, i can shoot with ‘a’ and strafe with the ‘lb’ and ‘rb’ but again cant use the analogue sticks or d-pad

I’m at a loss for a solution, anyone can help me out?

nemo93
    Participant

Hi Maurice,

I’m afraid I can’t help you much there as I never tried those games myself with Retropie. I just found this on the wiki:

I’m using the other emulators and all of them required to be configured by editing a config file (retroarch.cfg, fba2x.cfg, snes9x.cfg, etc). The config files are either in the “configs” directory (now located under /opt/retropie) or straight in the emulator folder. I’m not sure but it looks like Doom used RetroArch. In such case you could try:

$ cd /opt/retroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    $ ./retroarch-joyconfig >> /opt/retroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Hopefully this will give better result. If not you’ll have to test/retry by manually editing the retroarch.cfg file.

hope this helps
    cheers,

borlandoflorida
    Participant

[quote=12055] I’m not sure but it looks like Doom used RetroArch. In such case you could try:

$ cd /opt/retroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    $ ./retroarch-joyconfig >> /opt/retroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Hopefully this will give better result. If not you’ll have to test/retry by manually editing the retroarch.cfg file…[/quote]

What nemo93 said. I had a similar problem, but using the retroarch-joyconfig setup seemed to help.

cdu13a

I had problems with the xbox 360 controller too. The following solved it.

Edit the file

/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/XboxGamepad(userspacedriver).cfg

Look for the following lines

input_up_axis = "+5"
    input_down_axis = "-5"
    input_left_axis = "+6"
    input_right_axis = "-6"

Edit them to look like this if you want to use the d-pad

input_up_btn = "h0up"
    input_down_btn = "h0down"
    input_left_btn = "h0left"
    input_right_btn = "h0right"

Or Edit them like this to use the left stick

input_up_axis = "+0"
    input_down_axis = "-0"
    input_left_axis = "+1"
    input_right_axis = "-1"

maurice
    Participant

Cdu13A, i think you put me on the right track, have edited the file as you said, controller is doing a little bit more now, have to see whats the right config now thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.