Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all!

I’m currently working on a retropie build in an old broken nes chassi. I’ve gotten so far that I’ve got both my Trustmaster controllers working and I’ve been playing a little.

However, the emulationstation won’t start on my TV (LG lcd). The screen gets black after the Emulationstations splashscreen. Works like a charm on my pc monitor. Worth mentioning is that I have played one session on the TV that worked without issues. But after configuring second controller and adding a few more ROMS it doesn’t work anymore.

Tried different powersources from 1A to 2.1A with same results…

Anyone got an idea on what the problem can be?

Best regards!
    /Raya

wibell02
    Participant

I am actually having the same problem but in my case it works on a 720p LCD and not on a 1080p LCD. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Forcing HDMI, forcing VGA, changing/trying different screen resolutions, X and Y configuration. The only way I could get 1080p TV to work was to remove PSX/N64 roms. Depending on which settings I try, sometimes I get a frozen blinking ES splash screen and other times I get a black screen that I can launch games from but cannot see what I’m choosing.

I’d really like to find a resolution to this annoying problem.

raya
    Participant

Hi there and thanks for answering!

I really got my hopes up after I read your reply and removed all PS and N64 roms. Sadly that did not help…

Guess I got to keep trying stuff.

karloss
    Participant

I had a similar issue, would work on 17″ monitor, but not on 42″ tv, I have to change my memory split to 256/256 then it started working.

raya
    Participant

That did it! Thanks alot for the help!

I had the value higher then 256 for some reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.