Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would just like a sanity check with this because although it seems relatively easy to set up I am having so many problems. I am trying to get every emulated system working.
    I have tried source based and used the 2.3 image, but with both I get similar issues.
    I start adding roms to directories,and at first it works fine but the more emulators I enable ( by copying in roms) the worse it gets. I get blank screens or screens with partial information, or menu’s not displaying correctly.
    Removing some emulators from the menu and it goes back to working fine again
    Also quitting some emulations doesn’t return to ES, and I have to power cycle to get it back. ( If I run the same emulator from the command line it quits cleanly)

Am I trying to add too many systems? any feed back on how many systems others have enabled succesfully.

I am using a B+, with the 2.3 image
    I do update and upgrade,
    I upgrade the setup script and setup samba and es joystick configuration.
    then copy roms to directories using samba.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you expand the file?

“If your SD card is larger than 4 GB, you need to expand the root file system in order to use the whole SD catrd. Go into the shell by pressing F4. Run
    sudo raspi-config
    and choose “expand root fs” from the menu. You need to restart your RPi afterwards”

Also slower SD card’s have problems with the PI, I have used my 16Gb SanDisk 45mb’sec which work flawlessly

>Sol

ernisius
    Participant

Thanks, but I am using a 16gb kingston class 10 card, and I did expand the fs.

Floob

Some cards are quirky. Can you find your specific one here?
    http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards

Try a different one for the hell of it.

And you are running RetroPie 2.3 and run the updates?

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    ernisius
    Participant

Thanks for the link to sd cards, I had thought all cards worked pretty much the same, so I will try some alternatives.
    I am running 2.3 + update and upgrade.

I tested with another 16gb class 10 card
    The problem is very consistent. I add 15 menuitems and it works ok, if I then add another one I just get a black screen with menu, select and choose at the bottom. It doesn’t appear to matter which emulator I add.

The retroarch emulators return to the menu when I quit but others such as vice, atari800, atarist crash the pi on exit.

I would be interested to know if others have added all (or at least more than 15) emulators.

Floob

Hmm, I havent tried that many emulators.
    Is your memory split 384? You can do this in the raspi-config

ernisius
    Participant

I just tried various memory splits
    384 doesn’t work at all, neither does 128.
    192 is better, I can configure 16 emulators instead of 15.

I also tried another 2 memory cards and got exactly the same problem

So unless anyone can say otherwise I think it is down to the number of emulators.

ernisius
    Participant

I would be interested to hear if anyone has got more than 15 emulators on the ES main menu.

I don’t know if i am looking for a configuration issue that is only specific to me or if there is a bug in ES,

or perhaps I’m expecting too much from the RPi 512MB memory

Floob

This thread talks about a lot of emulators configured as well:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.