Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’m not sure if anyone else is using the tronkyfran, but is seems my 3.2.1 image becomes unstable after I select this theme to be used. If I boot up Retropie it gets to the the white Emulation Station screen and then after it just stays on a white screen forever. I have since renamed the them and managed to get back in.

Anyone else had this issue, I love this theme and want to get it to work. I have many emulators so it may be memory related.

Thanks

herbfargus

It’s been a known issue for a long time. This is nothing new. It’s the reason the carbon theme is the default instead of the simple theme. You will always run into this issue anytime you have a unique wallpaper for each system, regardless of what theme it is.

if you want the tronkyfran theme to work, limit your systems and up your gpu split, or just stick to the pc for the tronkyfran theme.

As we don’t maintain emulationstation it is unlikely to be fixed anytime soon – if at all.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

I’d up your memory split first, if no luck find a theme that’s “simple” in design as herb said

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Thanks, I just thought as it’s available to download within the Retropie GUI it’s safe to use and has been tried and tested. Then again I think it’s under the experimental menu. I will try the memory split first as this theme is just the best our there by far. If not I will set back to the basic one.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

if you don’t want to use the stock themes, mine will work just fine, i made them to work for a high number of system usage, it’s very clean & light

https://insecurespike.wordpress.com

both available via the theme installer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.